- Lots of changes and updates as we move on to the 2023
- Salary cap cash has been distributed. The 2023 salary cap is 40735 (was 41833 in 2022).
- Cash rewards for playoff performance will be distributed later this week
- 2023 salaries are posted but are not final - Premium salary adjustments will be made later this week
- 2023 player positions are updated but not final
- Any player showing an "x" in their position didn't have any MLB stats in 2022, so I need to go back in and check what they did in the minors in 2022 (or maybe they didn't play at all and might be removed from the list) - their positions may change.
- That usually takes a lot of time and will be finished sometime late December/early January
- Player retention decisions for 2023 can now be made from your team roster pages. Deadline to complete this is expected to be Monday, January 2 - if you have a lot of teams, don't wait!!
- First step before you can do any trading or pick your carryover players - indicate if you're keeping each of your teams in 2023. You must answer "yes" before you may submit any trades or before anyone can contact you for trades. Deadline is December 18 or we assume the unanswered teams become Orphans.
- New leagues for 2023 will be opened soon.
- As people indicate they're dropping teams, orphans will become available.
- Trades are now open for a roughly 2-week trading period, ending on Sunday, Dec. 4. Following that will be another 2-week trade period open through December 18.
- If you made any changes to your team information (for example, team name) after the end of the regular season, I made a mistake in early November and overwrote the current team data with a copy saved before the playoffs began. Some of you have already re-entered those changes, but wanted to alert anyone who didn't notice that.
- Trades and cuts will be open soon - perhaps as early as late Thursday night
- The first step before you can do any trading or pick your carryover players - indicate if you're keeping each of your teams in 2023. You must answer "yes" before you may submit any trades or before anyone can contact you for trades. Deadline is December 18 or we assume the unanswered teams become Orphans.
- Look for 2023 salaries and positions to be set over this weekend.
- We'll start setup for 2023 this week with:
- Preliminary 2023 salaries - with final values set next week.
- 2023 positions set by this weekend
- We'll open up rosters within a couple of days for trades and starting to choose roster cuts.
- Planned schedule (subject to change):
- Dec 4 - deadline for trade period one
- Dec 18 - deadline for trade period two
- Jan 2 - roster cut downs due
- Jan 22 - first Redistribution Draft list deadline
Did You Know? The maximum cash you can take into the season is 5 million BW Bucks