- I've had delays in some setup tasks and won't be ready to process the Redistribution Draft on time - so I'm going to push back the first deadline to Sunday, Feb. 5 at Midnight Pacific
- If anyone is interested in becoming a foster owner for one or more of our orphan teams, please let me know your interest and how many teams you could do. Primarily I'm looking for someone to be able to get them through the Redistribution Draft until someone adopts them permanently.
- Sorry - much later than planned - the transaction order is now final for the Redistribution Draft
- After some feedback and consideration, I'm striking the new rule that would allow for salaries above the minimum for players coming from Japan and other foreign leagues (and restoring normal calculations for former-MLB players who return). Above all, BWB salaries are not predictive - they are based on MLB performance - so we'll keep it that way right now.
- Results of carryover choices posted. View the Transactions page to see the cuts in your league.
- 125 New players added to the game based on the 40-man
for MLB teams
- This is the only player addition until after Opening Day
- To find them - In the filter/search area of the player lists, look for the "New in 2023" menu - See the list of new players
- The 2023 Redistribution Draft is now open. You'll 2 weeks to make your first selections. Deadline is Sunday 1/29/23 at Midnight Pacific (will show on the web as 1/30/23 3 AM EST)
- Visit your team roster to see the link to begin making your picks.
- For more information, see the rules regarding the Redistribution Draft
- There are 2 weeks to do your list for Round 1, but you
should consider building for all 5 rounds - or at least as much
as you can, because if any of your listed picks/alternates are
gone by your turn in the order, we'll pull up picks from Round 2
and beyond to make sure you get 3 selections.
- After Jan 29, we post the results of only Round 1 only - any drafted players will be removed from the remainder of your lists.
- You'll have almost 2 weeks to redo draft lists (if you choose), then we post the results of only Round 2 (again removing drafted players from your rounds 3-5)
- Then one more week for an optional redo of your draft lists, and we post the results of Rounds 3-5
- The season calendar of deadlines
is not yet updated for 2023, but the
deadlines for the Redistribution Draft are:
- Sunday evening 1/29 Midnight PST - First submission - we post results for Round 1
- Sun night 2/12 Midnight PST - Adjust your lists for Rounds 2-5 - we post results for Round 2
- Sun night 2/19 Midnight PST - Adjust your lists for Rounds 3-5 - we post results for the remaining 3 rounds
- Any players on your Prospect Roster have been moved back to your 40-man roster. You can begin to move players to prospect status again after the Redistribution Draft.
- Note - the draft order has not yet been verified or updated to move division winners into picks 13-16 of the draft order. That will happen within a few days.
- Roster deadline moved to midnight EST on Thursday night.
- Orphan Teams - very late, but here's the initial list of available orphans for 2023. There will be more added once I verify some "no answers" on returning will indeed become orphans. Email me if you want to pick up any of these orphans and we still might be able to get you to pick your roster cuts/keeps.
- Players of the Year listings are now final. There may be slight changes from what was previously listed as the rankings through Week 25 as performance for the whole season was added into the calculation in addition to the accumulated weekly scores.
- Team finances are updated to reflect the POY awards
- Roster cut downs due Thursday night. If you have multiple teams, you can check the carryover status for all your teams
Did You Know? You can list your Instant Messaging IDs in your personal profiles