BWB Procedures for 2020
With MLB in a unique season, BWB is going to attempt to run a championship season in 2020. We're going to make some modifications to allow considerations for larger MLB rosters, players opting out of the season, and possible disruptions to rosters and the season itself by outbreaks of the virus.
Above all, we're going to try to have some fun this season, while attempting to limit any long-term damage to BWB rosters and franchises.
It's going to take some time to outline all of this - and we have to expect some changes along the way if needed. Not all decisions are set as this page debuts on July 16.
Here are the most recent updates listed below:
- 10/3/20 - Regular season tiebreakers updated
- 9/8/20 - Playoffs will use the expanded roster settings we've used in the regular season
- 8/24/20 - Updates to BWB team finances for cash distributions and game performance. I'm a little nervous about handing out buckets of cash to teams that already have large cash balances - but some teams are close to zero and with roster churn I'd rather err on the side of teams having flexibility
- 8/24/20 - A ruling on when 2020 first round draft picks will enter the BWB system
- 8/24/20 - An update on BWB team fees