- 2020 Playoffs - Quarterfinals - Game 1 posted. Game 2 coming on Tuesday morning.
- Lineup changes are open again for anyone who wants to change their lineups for the next week of the playoffs (the league semifinals plus the start of the Gore Cup and the Bottom Feeder Open). Deadline is Wednesday night, October 21 at midnight Eastern.
- 2020 Playoffs
- Schedules for the league quarterfinals will go up later today - I hope to have some results up Monday night
- In the meantime, some notes from the first round:
- In 520 7-game series across BWB, the low seed won 134 times (25.8%)
- Of 260 division winners, 25 were upset and did not advance to the quarterfinals (9.6%). Most of these were 3-4 seeds, but there was one top seed and and five #2 seeds that didn't move on.
- 3 of the 4 division winners in Fenway Fenatics were defeated. The Beer League lost 2 division champs.
- 2020 Playoffs - Round One Complete: Games 5-7 posted
- For teams advancing to the quarterfinal round, your deadline to change lineups is TONIGHT at midnight Eastern
- My goal is to be able to start posting quarterfinal results by Monday night.
- If you lost, you'll now go into the Bottom Feeder Open - those games won't start until we move to the league semifinals.
- OK, we're going to try this again. When I set up the
playoff scoring program to use expanded rosters, I missed a
change that I needed to make when copying the process from the
regular season scoring (using random games throws in some
twists). As a result, a significant number of spots that
had benchwarmers should have been filled by players from the
taxi squad and minors.
- So - we will re-score Game 1 to get it right
- The new Game 1 results will be on the site on Saturday - probably late morning.
- Thanks to Jason Kiernan for noticing the problem. If you see something you think is wrong, I always want to know. In most cases it allows me to recheck and confirm that everything works as intended, but it also helps me find issues that need to be fixed.
Did You Know? To email an owner, click on his/her name on the team's roster page