- Welcome to Benchwarmer Baseball - It's
a unique form of fantasy baseball as we play 150 individual
head-to-head games in a season simulated from daily MLB
stats - this isn't a Rotisserie game.
- New leagues to start in 2020 are open - sign up now!
- This is fantasy baseball 365 days a year. In mid-January, teams will cut down their 40-man rosters to a maximum of 28 players that they can carry over onto their 2020 squads.
- Check out the Benchwarmer Baseball Tour for an introduction.
- Check out our
list of new
leagues for 2020 that you can join to
begin your dynasty. Or, if you'd like to attempt
to turn around a struggling team, view our available
...pick up an existing team and rebuild it,
rather than start from scratch.
- If you're a first-time owner, you play under the "rookie rate" of $35 for your first team (normal price, $65)
- Orphan teams are also just $35 - about 1/2 the normal price.
- If you're interested, your first step is to sign up here. Then go ahead and pick out a new league or check out the orphan list again.
- Are you already a BWB team owner and want to add teams? Check first to see if you have an available bonus team from 2019 or else add new teams here. Email us if you want an orphan team and we'll set you up.
- The draft/transaction order has been updated to put playoff teams at the end of the order - the league champion drafts 16th, the runner up 15th, and the other 2 division winners are 13th and 14th,
- Results of carryover choices posted. View the Transactions page to see the cuts in your league.
- The 2020 Redistribution Draft is now open. You'll have just about 2 full weeks to make your selections (see the link on your team roster). Deadline is Sunday night 2/2/20 Midnight EST.
- For more information, see the rules regarding the Redistribution Draft
- There's nearly 2 weeks to do your list for Round 1, but you
should consider building for all 5 rounds
- Then, after Feb 2, we post the results of only Round 1 only - any drafted players will be removed from the remainder of your lists.
- You'll have 2 weeks to redo draft lists (if you choose), then we post the results of only Round 2 (again removing drafted players from your rounds 3-5)
- Then one more week for an optional redo of your draft lists, and we post the results of Rounds 3-5
- The season calendar of deadlines
is posted, but the
deadlines for the Redistribution Draft are:
- Sun 2/2 - First submission - we post results for Round 1
- Sun 2/16 - Adjust your lists for Rounds 2-5 - we post results for Round 2
- Sun 2/23 - Adjust your lists for Rounds 3-5 - we post results for the remaining 3 rounds
- The draft order is not yet updated to account for division/league champions - check back later this week
- With all the cuts - the Trade Rumors list is cleared out in our annual deletion of everything.
- Any players on your Prospect Roster have been moved back to your 40-man roster. You can begin to move players to prospect status again after the Redistribution Draft.
Did You Know? If you refer a new owner to BWB, you can save $5 on your team